Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Se: i have a 2009 ford focus every time I turn the ac on the

Customer Question

i have a 2009 ford focus every time I turn the ac on the ac clutch relay fuse blows, when I do take the plug off the sensor that's hooked on the hot ac line it wont blow but soon as I plug it back the fuse blows for the ac clutch relay,please any help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
most likely the compressor clutch is burnt and shorted, high press. switch, low press. switch and clutch are all in series and the end of the circ. is the clutch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did replace the a/c compressor wit a new clutch could the new compressor be deficated? For some reason if I take the plug off the sensor on the ac line it won't blow the fuse but soon as I put the plug back it blows fuse f13 which is the ac clutch relay fuse?
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
You have identified your problem ,either the sensor itself is shorted or the wiring going to the sensor is chafed and shorting the circuit nearby to the sensor, please accept my answer.