Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Bronco: I have a 1990 Ford Bronco with a 351 Windsor and

Customer Question

I have a 1990 Ford Bronco with a 351 Windsor and a holly 4 barrel carb, also it has a HEI distributor. Truck runs great, but when you try to drive on hwy at 70, it will start sputtering and I have slow down and then it runs fine, it will not hold at 70.
Please help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
could be loosing fuel, (filter or pump) could be restricted exhaust, or ignition module, i would concentrate on fuel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We changed the fuel pump and put a new one on and are still doing it. Could it have anything to do with the holly four barrel carburetor being a single pump? My mechanic thinks maybe 351needs a holly four barrel double pumper carburetor
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.
You may not need a double pump carburetor to fix your issue, it appears you have a flat spot in the carburetor that is currently on the vehicle, this is a wear issue in the carburetor casting itself and can not be repaired, only replacing the carburetor will solve your issues,please accept my answer, and let me know if you have further issues after carburetor has been replaced.