Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-250 triton v10 6.8: I got a 2003 ford f-250 6.8 V-10 super

Customer Question

I got a 2003 ford f-250 6.8 V-10 super duty*****and my truck had been dieing while driving off and on for a few months but it usually would start right up and then it did it the otherday and it just wouldnt start it has a good charge inthe battery and cranks but i ended up replacing fuel pump and still nothing then rented a pressure tester and hooked up to the fuel rail and no pressure at all
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you are sure the F2-40 fuse in the interior fuse panel is okay and not blown then the next step is at the inertia switch while cranking the engine over take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and see if you have battery voltage in and out of the switch at the connector. If the power checks okay then move to the fuel pump connector and recheck the power there while cranking on the pink/black wire. If you have power and a good ground and still not pump running then that would indicate the new pump is defective. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram for reference and testing.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20Jul%2011.pdf