Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford f-250 superduty: My 2003 ford f-250 stumbles when I climb

Customer Question

My 2003 ford f-250 stumbles when I climb hills and there is no codes found on my code reader ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordtechsuzukitech25 replied 1 year ago.
sounds like low fuel pressure (fuel filter, fuel pump) if fuel pressure is ok then i would remove the upstream oxygen sensors and see if its any better, if so then exh. is blocked, the least probable would be dirty air filter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pressure is 34.5 lbs on the fuel rail and I did not find any vacuum leaks and I used a stethoscope on the injectors and coils all seamed fine. Tell me why I don't have any codes on four code readers? Where is the upstream oxygen sensor located?
upstream is closest to exh. manifold, and there are some thing that just wont throw a code, blocked exhaust will not throw a code untill it is really blocked and there is nothing to monitor that, i have also had one truck that would stumble on hills only and what finally fixed it was i changed the engine oil, here the lifters were colapsing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the two sensors a it does seam to be better so I ordered two new sensors.When I get them I will see how it runs and I will go back to lower octane fuel.
i hope that works for you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the new sensors and put them on there is no stumble but the engine will not idle as smooth with the sensors pluged in ?
try disconnecting the battery for 10 min. then start vehicle and hold while sitting still shift from park to drive and back to park then park to reverse and back to park, allowing 5 seconds in each gear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried this and it still idles a little ruff ?