James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Ford five hundred: I have a code 57 on 2005 ford five hundred

Customer Question

I have a code 57 on 2005 ford five hundred air bag light. Trying to figure out the problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Have you done anyother testing besides ifentifing the code?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
If the vehicle was in an impact the air bag module it self either needs to be reset or replaced. If you replaced it you need to have it programmed by a dealer to get the code to go away.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.