Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

98 Ford Explorer XLT Can anyone give me a diagram of the

Customer Question

98 Ford Explorer XLT Can anyone give me a diagram of the linkages inside the drivers door.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought this vehicle, cannot lock the drivers door, looks like someone used a slimjim on the door and knocked the linkages off the key lock, have other things hanging loose. Broken black wire coming from the door latch I think. There is no linkage attached to the key lock although the wires are attached. There is a long linkage hanging behind the window slide with a slight bend in it on the outside edge of the door by the door lock.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Here is the the front door latch control cylinder rod from the door lock cylinder lever.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Here are 3 more pages, too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to leave for work, It will be a couple days till I will be home to work on the explorer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, haven't made it home yet. I am a trucker. It will be a few days yet. Plz be patient. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still on the road, not sure when I will be home. I when I posted my question it was several hours before you answered (not blaming you) but had to leave without finishing. When I get home I will review the images and get back to work on the linkage. I do know that the electric lock actuator is missing. I would be nice if you had a cut away view of all the door linkage to work from. Thank You.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.
Maybe on the www.fordparts.com website.