Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

Expedition: I have a 2000 expedition 4.6L that has a misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2000 expedition 4.6L that has a misfire in cylinder 5 can I replace just the sparkplug also which one is it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,You can replace a single plug if you want to, but the issue is likely a coil and not the plug. If you are going to go with a single cylinder repair like this, remove the coil and inspect it closely for any signs of spark arcing through the boot. Normally you will see a white mark around a dark mark. If it looks fine then replace the plug.#5 is the driver side front cylinder.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you with this.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.