Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F350: are you familiar with diesel f350 2000

Customer Question

are you familiar with diesel f350 2000
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I am pretty familiar with the 7.3. Do you have a scan tool with live data to get me some information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I have a scan tool, but how do I get live data if the truck does not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an obd 2 that shows zero codes
The truck does not need to be running to get live data from the computer. We arent looking for codes. We are looking for live data.
What kind of scan tool do you have? Ill see if I can find out if it has live data capabilities.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a Vgat tm scn tool OBD 2 Advanced It is blue tooth capable. I will need a few minutes to retrieve data. I will get right back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not retrieve any data because I am having trouble with my scan tool for some reason.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to get the data, what else can I do?
Sorry. Was helping another customer. By not able to get the data what do you mean? It connects and all the data shows 0 or something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No my bluetooth will not connect, sorry.
OK. Check to see if it works on another vehicle. It sounds like your computer isnt powering up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and it isn't connecting to another vehicle that is in another location.
OK. Then your scan tool is the problem there. Can you get your hands on another one? Without any live data its just guess work. I would prefer to get a scan tool on it to check if at all possible.
Also do you have a performance chip installed on here?
If so if it were me the first thing I would do is remove the chip and retest it. A lot of times when they go bad they will do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No performance chip. Stock all the way, except for a secondary fuel filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Yeah. I was waiting on an answer from you and helping other customers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you still need an answer for something?
Yes I am wondering if you can get your hands on another scan tool or not so I know which way to go with the testing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you kidding me. It took 5 hours for you to ask when I have already said I do have access to another tool and mine is not operating. My people have already made another diagnosis and we have ordered parts. I will request my money back for your service.
Im not sure how you expect me to help you if you are unwilling to answer a simple question that you do have the answer to. Good luck with it and if their diagnoses is wrong which it probably will be if they are just guessing then we will be standing by to help you get an accurate diagnoses.