Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Expedition: Kenny, I am having trouble with the running

Customer Question

Hello Kenny, I am having trouble with the running boards on a Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 2008. The passenger side works perfect. The drivers side works form time to time. Usually will stop working after the car has been idle over night or for some time. When not operable I can here the motor turn on but the step won´t move. When operable It makes a bit of a stutter.
Thank you for your help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Usually this is caused by pivots in the hinges siezing from external contamination, especially is you can hear the motor running when trying to move the board. Unfortunately lubing the hinges does not cure the issue because the lube cannot get far enough into the pins. There are no serviceable parts for the board hinges. The board will need to be replaced.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service as you see fit. Rating does not close the question if you have follow up questions. Thanks!