Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Explorer: 2007 Ford Explorer that is throwing "Tire Sensor

Customer Question

2007 Ford Explorer that is throwing "Tire Sensor Fault" error. This happens precisely 20 minutes after I start the car. All 4 sensors have been replaced by OEM sensors and the local Ford Dealer still can not fix it. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
When the TPMS Fault light come on the computer should set and store a fault code in the system. If you can get me this fault code and or codes I will try and help you get this problem resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron,Thanks for your note. I have an OBD scanner and no fault codes appear even though the Tire Sensor Fault is showing on the dash. Supposedly, a Bartec tool will find the code. Question: I h ave a lot of add-on electronics in the car (GPS, cell phone, radar detector). These have been hard-wired using fuse taps. I disconnected all of them and no sensor fault appeared. Is it possible that interference or power drain from one or more of these devices is the real culprit?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is possiable the GPS and or the radar detector can cause interference. Try hooking them back up on at a time to isolate which one is causing the interference.