Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F150: Sometimes will start sometimes won't. Won't start

Customer Question

Sometimes will start sometimes won't. Won't start especially if it's raining. It will turn over but not start. Has new distributor cap, distributor, starter, plug wires. Any suggestions, has 189,000 miles. 1994 Ford F-150 4x4
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am happy to help you with this issue today, HEI module is what I am thinking. High Energy Ignition module. It should be on the fender wheel.You need to test it, but if it only acts up when it's wet it may be hard to duplicate. Probably the best thing to do is to put a Di-electric grease in the wire harness connectors in the module and distributor connectors because a lot of time moisture will get into them and has ill effects on them.