Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

E250: 2012 E250, A/C stops blowing under moderate to heavy

Customer Question

2012 E250, A/C stops blowing under moderate to heavy acceleration. What could the problem be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. This is usually an indicator of a refrigerant (freon) leak in the A/C system. You will need to have the system recovered to see how much refrigerant is remaining, then have is vacuumed and tested for the location for the leak. If the test isn't done, what will hapen is you will fill the system back up just to run into the same problem down the road. After the leak test is done and the o-ring or compnent is changed, then vacuum the system for 30-45 minutes to remove all the contaminants that may have gotten into the system during the repair, and recharge to the spec outlined on the sticker under the hood on top of the radiator bracket. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy