Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Mustang LX 5.0: I have a 93 mustang. I recently installed a

Customer Question

I have a 93 mustang. I recently installed a vortech supercharger, fuel pump, and ignition. When i went to start it after installing it ran. I only ran it for a min then shut off to make sure everything was good. After that it would not start. It cranked but not fire. The fuel pressure was dropping, but I fixed that by connecting the hose from the regulator to the upper intake. I also had the #4 and 5 wires mixed up which I fixed. I had the alternator and battery tested and they were good. The battery will drain if I leave the cables on. I rewired the ignition and 3G alternator, replaced battery cables and engine ground strap. The pump primes and I get spark at the coil. I replaced the starter this year and it ran fine with the 3G alternator and similar Ignition (msd6al -> msd6btm) the only difference is the 6btm has a boost retard. I'm at a loss.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I fixed the battery drain by switching the fuse that the fuel pump 12v source was hooked to. I will know tomorrow if it worked. However, I don't think that will solve my no start issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unhook the fuel pump relay and eec relay when I rerouted my mass air wiring. The relays are identical as far as I can tell, but maybe i switched them? I also installed 60lb injectors and a 90mm mass air, which i had to buy an adapters for.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Have you had the car to a tuner? If not, then that will be the reason for no start.60lb injectors and a standard ECM program will probably flood the engine.A 90mm MAF will also read incorrectly if the ECM is not reflashed for it.It has spark from the coil wire, does it have spark at the spark plug wires?MSD caps and rotors are known for poor contacts.Hope this helps.Gary