Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F-250 superduty powerstroke: I have a 97 f-250 powerstroke,

Customer Question

I have a 97 f-250 powerstroke, when I connect my boat lights I blow brake and turn signal fuses, but only when I start driving, then the abs light was flashing 16 times then paused, then repeated, I disconnected the boat harness, the abs quit flashing, I replaced the blown fuses, but now the turn signals pause then flash quickly when operated, any thought?
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 1 year ago.
You are looking at the wiring on the trailer it has nothing to do with the truck. There is a short somewhere. Power up each individual wire and do a wiggle test on each wire along the frame all the way to its destination, to see where it shorted out at. Look for where wires go around corners they chafe insulation and stuff like that.