Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Focus SE: Please list the top three ways to get extra horsepower

Customer Question

Please list the top three ways to get extra horsepower from Ford Focus 2002 SE , example short MAC intake kit, what else? And approximate costs. My poor little car has only 110 horsepower, what can I do for a few hundred dollars or less?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
A power programmer, about 400$A high flow exhaust system, about 800$Remove the head and shave it, about 2000$Port and polish the head while out, another 600$Rebuild the engine and bore it out, about 4000$Each of these will offer OVER 10 horsepower gain, most other things like the intake air temp confuser, cold air intake, there more like 3-5 horsepower. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris