Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

04 f150. 5.4l 3v, 4r75w trans. Engine seized at 70 mph. The

Customer Question

04 f150. 5.4l 3v, 4r75w trans. Engine seized at 70 mph. The truck took two hard jarring thumps. Successfully replaced the engine, runs great. Tranny seems fine also. Problem, I have tranny fluid dripping off the passenger side exhaust heat shield. I cannot
find where it is coming from. It only drips when I drive up my steep driveway into the garage. I dropped the tranny pan, fluid is red and smells good, zero metal on magnet. Replaced filter and reusable seal. Checked fluid many times in fully hot condition,
it is 3/4 up hot range. Any idea where this fluid is coming from? Could the torque converter be damaged?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Sorry for the delay. Was eating dinner.
Can you see any wetness at the bellhousing where it connects to the engine, primarily along the bottom?