jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

Power windows wont go up or down , 4wd lights blink , 1996

Customer Question

power windows wont go up or down , 4wd lights blink , 1996 explorer 4wd , was intermittent but now don't work at all ! any ideas ?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, try this first ,in between the drivers door and door jamb wiggle the wiring harness and see if the window will work for even a split second or so, just trying to see if there may be broken wires with in that harness this is usually what goes wrong with the wiring ...please let me know ..thank you ..jazzmaster ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried wiggleing the wires at all of the connectors between the switches on driver door and the boot going through the door jamb , but I will try again and get back to you !
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
ok, due to that drivers door always being used a lot the wiring in between the door and door jamb will stretch on the wiring and one or 2 wires may break .wiggling the harness sometimes lets it work for a quick second and this is a quick way to see it that is where the issue is .I would have to say that it most likely is .you will have to split the boot from underneath and look at the wiring very closely .the wiring is packed together tightly and you will have to pull the wiring a part a bit ..I am really sure that this is the problem ..this will save you plenty of diagnostic time ,instead of check circuit and such things .....jazzmaster ..
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
HELLO, did you find any broken/split wires ?
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, if this information helped youif so please rate me positive as that is the only way I get credit and we can still continue to work on this please don/t rate me if you still need help ..thank you ..jazzmaster