Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Ford Freestyle Limited that has a problem when

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Freestyle Limited that has a problem when you brake hard it has a wrench come on on the dash cluster and it seems to put it in a limp mode. If you turn the car off it usual clears but if it is hot sometimes have to set a while.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
This light has stores a trouble code. Anyway you can get it scanned and get me those codes? Parts stores scan for free if you did not know. The possible causes that come to mind based on your description of the concern is a transaxle or throttle body issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 codes
P0171
P0174
P0701
Thanks. Bill
Thanks, ***** ***** 2 are lean codes. Those indicate to clean the throttle body and MAF sensor, then check the fuel pressure and check for vacuum leaks. 0701 means the computer has detected the TCM has stored transaxle fault codes. A better scan tool is needed to access the TCM.