Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F150 4.2L V-6: ABS dash light on 2003 Ford F150 4.2L V-6

Customer Question

ABS dash light on 2003 Ford F150 4.2L V-6 came on. OBD Code C1214: Right Front ABS inlet valve coil. (Just replaced upper control arm - - may have stressed cable to speed sensor.) Suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
T he electrical portion of the solenoid valves is internal to the ABS module. The only thing that should cause these code to set, other than a module failure, would be a loss of power or ground to the module. Start first with making sure the F2-102 fuse located in the under hood fuse panel is not blown, if it check okay then run the steps in the link below to pinpoint the problem. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/C1214%20Jul%207.pdf