Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford Explorer: My 2005 Ford Explorer V6 won't start, Battery

Customer Question

My 2005 Ford Explorer V6 won't start, Battery has been checked with volt meter 12.7. Alternator and Battery were replaced within the last 1-2 years. I hear a ticking sound when I open the door but key is not in ignition.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it just stopped working. went to store just fine, came out everything was dead
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can you do any electrical tests?I assume it will not even crank?With the key on, is the theft light flashing?
My thoughts are the battery has poor connections or has low amps. If you can respond on the prior questions, I can do much better. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris