Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Freestyle: Ford Freestyle sluggish when pressing gas pedal

Customer Question

Ford Freestyle sluggish when pressing gas pedal.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Do you get this concern in park and drive?Does it bog down or misfire or just slow to respond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This concern is while in drive. If I am driving and have to press hard on the gas it BOGs Down and once I remove my foot from the gas a little it will start to proceed.

I assume there are no warning lights on or codes stored and this is not a transaxle issue?Can you monitor the fuel pressure when doing this to see if its dipping low which would indicate the fuel pump is failing.Do you have access to a scan tool that can monitor cam timing and fuel trims? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris