Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Explorer XLT: I have a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0. Several

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0. Several weeks ago it conked out while driving on highway. First it lost full power and literally stopped running on exit ramp. Had it towed home.. After sitting for a few days it restarted and then conked out within a few minutes.
I just had a new alternator put in then it wouldn't start at all. Yesterday I pulled battery & had it checked out & fully charged. Reinstalled battery now anti-theft light keeps flashing even after doors being unlocked with key and truck will not start. It appears now I need to reset PATS system somehow. I tried disconnecting negative battery cable for a few minutes to clear it but didn't work either.
Now what?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
The theft light should flash with the key not in the ignition or when in the off position. The theft light should not be flashing with the key in the run position. If thats the case then a diagnostic tool is needed. Are there any aftermarket electronics on the vehicle which may be interfering with the ignition switch? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris