Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Mustang: Rebuilding my 1998 Mustang GT that was wrecked a few

Customer Question

Rebuilding my 1998 Mustang GT that was wrecked a few years ago and hasn't been started in about 2 years. Flushed all the fluids and replaced plugs and wires but car only cranks and doesn't turn over. Pulled the plug and their is no fuel getting to the plugs. Where do I start trying to diagnose the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The first thing you need to so is to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure. Your 1998 needs to have right at 32 to 45 PSI. If the fuel pressure checks okay then check and see if you are getting injector pulse while cranking the engine over. Check these for me and post back and we can work from there.