Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

1991 ford pickup water hose leak

Customer Question

1991 ford pickup water hose leak
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Where is the location of this hose?
There are a few hoses that can leak....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the leak is under the hood.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't answered the first question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to talk to someone. I have worked with several people who solved my problems by answering just as I am doing by asking now.
How can i answer your question when you cant tell me which hose is leaking?????
There are MANY hoses that can leak under the hood.
Which one is it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your guarantees have not encouraged me to spend anymore money. You obviously are not able to answer my questions by typing. Just ask more questions. Most water leaks are in pipe or connections. This truck has a leak, obviously something to do with a radiator. We honestly thought you would be able to instruct him where and what to look for and what type/size hose we would have to replace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, we again have not received any answers. Forget it. We do have repair people we can talk to here in the wilds of New Mexico that will give us the answers, and believe it or not, they won't charge us for answering. We only contacted you, because you looked good. Just shows you, don't trust advertizements. Good bye.
Please understand that there are many places for water to leak and i can not tell you which hose, connection, water pump, heater hose, upper radiator hose, lower radiator hose is leaking unless you work with me and tell me where is is leaking.
Its like telling the doctor your finger hurts without telling him which finger..
Did you see the leak?
Can you tell me approx where it is not just 'UNDER THE HOOD"
i NEED Alot MORE INFO FROM YOU TO EVEN BEGIN TO GIVE AN ANSWER.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes, the hose that leaks, that we washed out with water, could probably be a water hose. We did not see or feel the place where the leak is. Doesn't seem to be the hose at the bottom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is difficult for my husband to do what you ask. He is 82 and not a mechanic. What we could use is a manual for a 1991 ford truck, that could guide him to find out what where and how. Is that possibl?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to take your answer as no. There is no way we can give you an answer. We already knew there are places that have hoses or a hose, but we are not car or truck knowledgeable. We were hoping you could guide us as to where to look and tell us what it would take to fix our problem.
I can make this very easy for him to find the leak. All you have to do is go to a parts store and get a pressure tester and all he has to do is take the radiator cap off and pump pressure into the radiator and see where it is leaking. Very easy to use. Below is a picture of what it looks like. While you are at the parts store pick up a manual and it will him how to fix the part that is leaking after he tested it :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the type of help we needed. I know I'm pushy, but My husband means a lot to me, and he pushes himself to hard. I'm sorry if I sounded like a witch, I'm not just pushy, so Thank you very much. Your instructions will help him with the problem, and that is what counts. Mary Harbison.
You are more than welcome Mary!
You sound like a very loving person!
Larry
Take care now
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
.
You are more than welcome Mary!
You sound like a very loving person!
Larry
Take care now
Hi Mary,
I just wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We took your advise and we hve solved our problem. Thank you, ***** *****
Hi Mary,
I'm glad to hear that. Please rate my service with a positive rating.
Take care.
LJ