A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

How I replace vacuum reservoir on 2003 ford e350 van

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
You will need to remove the evaporator case and the heater core case under the dash to get the vacuum reservoir. Or you can do it a simpler way, which is go to the under side of the dash on the passenger side where the vacuum lines come through the firewall and pull the rubber liner and plug from the firewall enough to get a coat hanger through the firewall. Then disconnect the vacuum line bay the washer reservoir cap and pull the line up from the reservoir. You will need a new canister and check valve. Feed the line through the firewall and connect the new canister to the vacuum line and check valve and mount it under the dash. This will keep it away from the heat and rodents.