Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford ranger xlt: 2000 ranger. 2.5l. 4 cyl. Engine. 4r44e transmission.

Customer Question

2000 ranger. 2.5l. 4 cyl. Engine. 4r44e transmission. Driving one day and all at once engine starts missing out bad at low rpms, once I get up to speed it runs fine, but wont shift into 2nd gear or overdrive(4th). I assumed it was transmission so I bought a rebuilt tranny and installed it. No change. Same symptoms. ?????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
This misfire, have you done any diag on the plugs, wires, or injectors to see if any are weak or not getting a signal to spark and pulse?The transmission concern is obviously not internal, so that leaves wire damage from the PCM to the trans or faulty PCM. The transmission is not getting a signal from the computer to turn on the solenoid to apply the OD band. Can you do electrical diag? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris