James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F250 diesel: "Pull over safely" code popping up. Loosing power.

Customer Question

"Pull over safely" code popping up. Loosing power. But comes back. Out of town on trip. Sure nothing is open. May be able to pick some stuff up tomorrow. Small country town.
Starting to pop more frequently. Can it be cleared out? Figuring egt sensors or maybe bad exhaust fluid?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Thanks for choosing just answer. The problem you are having is a faulty exhaust temp sensor. I'm very sorry that you are stranded. If you unplug the sensors the vehicle won't run at all. Since this vehicle is newer the no parts stores offer the parts yet. Trying to find a dealer at this point in time you are correct is very hard. This concern should be covered under your power train warranty. It is 100k miles or 5 years. If you needed to roadside assistance should be no charge of you do need to have it towed. You can try disconnecting the batteries for 20 minutes and see if it clears it for a while longer so you can get home. I wish I had a better option but this is something Ford designed and there isn't a way around it when it happens.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.