sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Ford F150,V8: I have a Ford(###) ###-####with V8. When I try to

Customer Question

I have a Ford(###) ###-####with V8. When I try to start (standing firmly on the brake nothing happens. There is no clicking sound which was the case when my old battery broke down. There was not warning just suddenly no starting. The only thing different was that about 10 km before the PBS signal came on. What can I do
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello ad welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming all other electrical items are ok and the headlamps are normal brightness.
If the engine simply doesn't crank then you could have an issue with the transmission range sensor, starter relay, ignition switch, the starter itself, or the engine controller may not be awake. If the engine controller isn't awake then you won't have communication using a scan tool and the fuel pump won't run when the key is turned on. If the PCM isn't awake it could be an internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it.
Do you hear the fuel pump and will the PCM communicate?