Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Retractible running board issues

Customer Question

I've determined that the gear shaft within my motor is what is preventing the running board from retracting, I have the running boards off, the worm gear housing exposed, but I can NOT get the gear shaft off- I want to rotate it 90 degrees to expose fresh unworn cogs... any suggestions for removing the gear shaft from the running board?

It's a 2009 Ford expy el limited.

I have the running board off, the motor off w/ the worm portion inside of it, but the gear/gear shaft left on the running board will not budge.  It rotates as I manually 'retract/extend'/fold the running board.

I've looked at just replacing the motor, but they come with the worm gear intact, so regardless, the shaft has to come out!!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Category: Ford