Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Chris,I'm Ed. The car locked symbol is displaying on dash.

Customer Question

Hi Chris,
I'm Ed. The car locked symbol is displaying on dash. It is flashing with key out. The headlights are bright but go off when I try starting it. The battery is low because I lost the serpentine belt. I have since replaced the belt and even with a jump car won't start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
Since you lost the belt it possible the battery was drain to much and may not take a charge . The place to start is to remove the battery and have it fully charged and have a load test performed on it to be sure its not bad. Most part stores will do this for you at no charge. Have this done and post back with the results and we can work from there.