Mastertechuk
Mastertechuk, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Master tech
84635724

Ford ranger: I'm looking at a 2003 Ranger w/80,000 miles. The

Customer Question

I'm looking at a 2003 Ranger w/80,000 miles. The owner said it has a small 'leak' of anti-freeze, but said he thought it was because when he had the anti-freeze changed they had over filled. Could this be the cause or could there be some hidden problems associated with the 'leak'?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mastertechuk replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin if there are no signs of a leak and level is not ok then it is possible from being overfilled for this to occur assuming also that cooling system is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kevin, Thanks for your response. I just returned from taking the vehicle for a test drive. The cooling system appears to be working, but after the test drive there was a small amount of anti-freeze on this plastic part underneath the radiator (behind the bumper), but cannot see where the anti-freeze is coming from. What I would like to know if you would have any ideas where the anti-freeze could possibly be leaking from, or where to check. Could there be bad seals/gaskets that might be a possible cause? Just trying to determine if there could be expensive repairs down the road. Thanks. John
If it's behind the bumper if front of radiator it can only really be either rad or rad cap