Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Expedition: is there a relay that would stop 12 volts from

Customer Question

is there a relay that would stop 12 volts from the PCM to the A/C clutch on my 04 expedition?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what else could cause me not getting 12v. i have the A?c fully charged and a new compressor.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and thanks for your question.
The PCM does not supply voltage to the compressor. It supplies ground to the A/C clutch relay which when grounded supplies voltage to the compressor. The relay is located in the drivers side front of the engine compartment in the auxiliary relay box. The relay is powered by fuses 33 and 11 in the interior fuse box. The PCM also needs to see certain inputs before it grounds the A/C relay. Voltage from interior fuse box fuse 13 flows through the mode switch when A/C is selected to the thermostatic expansion valve,high pressure cut off, low pressure cutoff and to the PCM. Early build 04 vehicles have the high and low pressure switches built into the expansion valve, late build have them separate.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
f you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service as you see fit. Rating does not close the question if you have follow up questions. Thanks!