AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Ford ECONOLINE150: I just installed a 4.2 v6 engine in a 1997

Customer Question

I just installed a 4.2 v6 engine in a 1997 E150 van and I am not getting any fire to the spark plugs and I am also not getting any fuel
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the check engine light come on with the key on? Does the check engine light go off while cranking it over? Can I start by getting your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The check engine light comes on with the key on and stays on while cranking
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay!!
Thank you for that information.
According to Ford, the computer will turn off the check engine light when it recognizes engine rpm. Since your check engine light is staying on, the crank/rpm signal is not making it back to the computer for some reason. It could be a bad crank sensor, wiring issue or even an issue with the crank sensor reluctor (teeth on trigger wheel). I would go right to the crank sensor and test for a signal while cranking the engine over. This will point you in the right direction.
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Customer
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer