Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

F100: My question is if I don't have a pats system in my truck,

Customer Question

My question is if I don't have a pats system in my truck, how do I get the pcm to stop looking for it and allow my engine to work?
What I have done I'd simple, I put a 2002 4.6 interceptor engine in my 1982 f100 stepside, complete with all the wiring and the police AODE transmission, but I can't get it to start because I don't have the PATS...
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I would check with an auto remote start installation facility to see if they can install and sell you a bypass kit.Most remote starts need a bypass so they may be able to come up with something for this here.
Thanks Pete