Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F350: 2014F350 air condition pump clutch on but will not recharge

Customer Question

2014F350 air condition pump clutch on but will not recharge r134a
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
If the compressor is running then it has freon in it. The pressure sensors would disable the power to the pump if there was low freon. My current thought is the low side fitting is not opening and no freon can get in as well as the vacuum was not done on the actual AC system but just on the hose from the pump to the low side fitting. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vacumed out low and high side with no leaks. Reads 80# ***** low and high and pump is on.Will not take any r134 and pressure dose not change
While the engine is running and the compressor are the AC lines at the firewall cold?Can I get the high and low side pressures in this test?What brought on these repairs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With engine and compressor running there are no cold lines. The high and low pressures both 80 lbs. The AC just quit working
Those pressures should not allow the compressor clutch to get energized. Are you sure the compressor clutch is engaging, the face of it is spinning?