EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Taurus SE V-6: I have a 2006 Taurus SE with the V-6. Have

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Taurus SE with the V-6. Have had trouble with a misfire on 6 for quite a while. Have replaced ignition coil, spark plug wires, plugs and injectors. Still gets a misfire code. No longer have access to OBD2 reader, current codes are P0430, P0306, P0401.
Y pipe with Cats 1 & 2 was replaced about 24,000 miles ago now it needs to be replaced again.
Where should I look next for solution to P0306. Will look at EGR this weekend.
Thanks for the help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
HI. Which 3.0 is this? The 24valve dohc, or the 12 valve v6?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 valve v-6
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The 3.0 12 valve is known for having valve issues. You should take a compression test of all cylinders. And also when the engine is skipping, it is a good time to perform a cylinder leakdown test on number 6. That test will indicate if air is leaking out of the cylinder from a suspect valve. Let me know the results of these checks please.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any more questions on your Taurus? Please rate the service provided. Thanks.