Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Here we go no brake lights will not shift out of park new BL

Customer Question

here we go no brake lights will not shift out of park new BL switch new solinoid for shift mech all fuses good check wires on mfs swich 97 ford f150 4x4 lariat
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANSWER TO THE QUESTION
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will figure it out mon morn and post what it was; also will post how piss poor ask system works it just cost $5 for no answer which is fine buy a coffee and relax. Just so you know i'm actually a mechanic this was just a stumper never seen one like this before thought a master tech with 20 years was better than myself I always learn from mistakes and this has taught me a lesson
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Okay you have ruled out the brake switch and the shift lock solenoid, and there are still no brake lights or ability to shift from park as i understand. I believe we need to focus on, is there power to the brake switch. If not then let me know. If so then press the brake and see if both wires have power. If so but the 3rd brake light does not illuminate then there is broken wires. Let me know the results of these tests. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris