Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Ranger: Regarding 2000 Ford Ranger (3.0 V6, 5 Spd). Have a

Customer Question

Regarding 2000 Ford Ranger (3.0 V6, 5 Spd). Have a starting problem and have a good battery and new starter. Still won't start, not even clicking noise. However, with the ignition switched off, now getting a cyclic sound from the dash on the side of the radio near the glove compartment. Is this where the anti-theft module is located, and presumably if it's faulty is interrupting the starter? Any suggestions/thoughts on what to check is greatly appreciated. Thx, Danny
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Disconnect the clutch switch and see if white/pink wire has power with key in start position. If so jump white/pink wire to pink wire and see if it starts, if so replace clutch safety switch. Let me know, thanks.