Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford: what I have is a 2005 ford escape with codes p0351,

Customer Question

Hell what I have is a 2005 ford escape with codes p0351, p0353,p0354 replaced the spark plugs and the crank sensor and 1 bad coil on #4 it had no 2nd ohms on the out put but had 0.5 ohms prime side, the crank sensor had 230.9 ohms and the new one has 0.35 ohms i have 12 volts on the red wire and with just the key on I have 1.58 volts on the purple wife I think its purple on the (#4) coil connector I have not tested 1, 2, 3 yet but on (#5) I have 12v and 0,003v and (#6) 12v and 0.002v
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello** and the car is a 3.0 liter I did test all the coils when I changed the spark plugs all tested good but #4 coil they all tested 0.5 to 0.8 ohms prime side and all but #4 tested 5.50 to 5.60 ohms 2nd output side I don't remember the ohms on the cam sensor but it tested same as the new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am starting to think the pcm is bad but I want to test all the wiring before spending the money on a new pcm but I can't find the pin number for each as listed cam to pcm, crank to pcm, coils 1 to 6 to pcm. and I don't have a scope to run a trace on the pcm coil drivers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I changed the spark plugs it started for a few minutes and then died and now will not start up again cranks over fine but no fire on at least #4 will test #5 and #6 tomorrow
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Normally these codes indicate weak coils. Is this a permanent miss or intermittent? I do have the wire diagrams and pin charts if they are needed. You can test the PCM coil drivers using a noid light. Its not as accurate as a scope but it does work. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris