James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

2008 f350 6.4 l: john, My engine was changed out in my 2008

Customer Question

Hi john, My engine was changed out in my 2008 f-350. I read your post where you were able to help out a person track down the repair invoice for there motor.
I need the date and location at which this new motor was installed for a warranty claim from ford
vin number is *****
remanufactured engine serial number 442117
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Was this done at a Ford dealer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the truck used. It came from the LA Fire department. I was able to track down the shop manager for the fire department. I was told, since the 6.4 was so problematic they did not do any of that work in-house, they always sent it in to the dealer for any major service. I'd have to assume the motor swap was done at a dealer. I don't have access to fords vehicle history reports. I called a few dealers and they seam to only give me info on work they have done. I doubt they logged into the ford dealer services, because as I understand it, ford should have a complete record of every service done at any dealership. Also the engine that was installed was a ford part number re manufactured engine
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It looks like the engine was replaced at 62219 miles by Caruso Ford Long Beach CA. It was replaced in October 14 2013. Does this help at all?