James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

F-350 Dually: My 2002 Ford F-350's alternator went out and

Customer Question

My 2002 Ford F-350's alternator went out and I changed it. the gauges in the does not work. the batteries have charged and will crank the truck just fine. The head lights work it is just the gauges in the dash does not. I was told by the people at O'Reily's auto parts that it was a relay that was out and I would have to have Ford identify which one it was but it was under the hood. Can you tell me which one it is?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You have a fuse, fuse number 45, under the hood for the cluster, but you don't have a relay for it. I will post the diagram so you can see what I mean. You can see if that fuse is blown. If not, then I would check the alternator to see if the small wire is in the wrong spot. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jeremy, I tried the fuse # ***** in the fuse box and it was ok but I put a new one in it anyway and this did not correct the problem. the alternator is new and the wires can only connect one way
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Can you please tell me where you are at with your vehicle?