Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

08 ford 64 changed fuel filters and will not start and run

Customer Question

08 ford 64 changed fuel filters and will not start and run it will run for a minute
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The little wrench show up on screen
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If all you did was change the filters, you are getting air into the system at one of the filters or the filters are wrong. Were the filters OEM Motorcraft filters? Aftermarket filters are a slight shorter and will cause this issue as well. They are not long enough to press the check ball. If OEM was used, remove the filters, put a slight dab of petroleum jelly on the o-rings (this keeps them from twisting and folding to allow air in, and put the filter back on. Do this for both the one under the truck on the frame rail and the one under the hood. The turn the key on and off 3-4 times so the fuel pump can prime the filter, and then crank. It should then take and then let the vehicle run at idle for at least 2 minutes to purge the remaining air out. Sometimes the vehicle will die, but you will have to start it again and let it idle. Let me know how this turns out. If there is no other issues, you should be idling in no time. Just don't crank the starter for more than 25 seconds at a time per minute or you will burn it up. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
How did this turn out for you?