Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I changed my water pump my thermostat and my temp sensor and

Customer Question

I changed my water pump my thermostat and my temp sensor and my truck is still getting hot but my temp sensor is not working the temperature does not mark on the gauge inside the truck the truck is not overheating but my service engine light comes on and the oil light comes on then my gauge jumps all the way to the H in the red
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
What year and model is your truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1999
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
F250 heavy duty v10 6.8
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
When the engine is hot and you turn it off,does the fan keep spinning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
IS IT GETTINHG HOT ENOUGH TOBOIL ANTIFREEZE OUT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the temperature temperature gauge does not work I put a new temperature sensor in and a sender still does not work
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
So you are wanting to fix the temp gage and the engine is not overheating, is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My temperature gauge jumps from cold to hot my oil light comes on and my service engine comes on that means its hot lose its power so I need to change the sensor is not working the way it should be
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
It looks like there is a problem with the instrument cluster, possibly a brake in the printed circuit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No because the gate the gauges it still works when I short out the wire harness that goes to the sensor so now I ordered a Ford sensor to see if that's the problem
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me know how you make out please.