Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford: I have a 2008 ford f450 with the 6.4 truck runs good

Customer Question

I have a 2008 ford f450 with the 6.4 truck runs good but then out of know where it will peg out on temperature, then go into reduce power mode. Run a few more miles and it go back normal. The truck never is hot just show that it is. I have put new water pump, clutch fan and thermostat. I need help please......
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also put 2 seniors on it egr and don't kkow the other
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Have you monitored the engine coolant temp and oil temp while driving and wiggling there wire harness to see if you can get a false reading? If the other sensor you replaced was not the coolant temp sensor then, that would be the likely issue. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris