Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford mustand gt 500: my name is ***** ***** am working on

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** am working on a 2009 ford mustang gt500 5.4
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Lets first off verify the fan works. The black wire should be ground. Remote power the light green/yellow wire and see if it runs at low speed, then the light green/violet wire for high speed fan. If that works verify fuse 3 and 40 in the BEC are good and have power with the key on. Remove the fan relays and with the key on verify the low and high speed fan relays both have power on 2 pins. If so then the concern is the PCM or the PCM reading from the engine coolant temp sensor. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris