Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

F250: I'm David Soulek and I have an 08 f250 that has a

Customer Question

Hi I'm David Soulek and I have an 08 f250 that has a performance chip and I've been having issues with the chip being plugged into the Obd port. My truck would say trailer brake fault and my ac will cut out, and I noticed if I wiggled the wire to my chip everything would go back to normal, but the problem is getting worse so I unplugged my chip and noticed that the #3 prong hole on the Obd port has been melted some. What is causing this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What is causing that is the chip. I'm not sure where you got the chip from, but the programming on it is a hacked program and that is why you are having issues. It would have been better to have the PCM programmed insted of using the chip. That is why Ford will not support a vehicle that has had a chip installed because it sends abnormally high voltages through the OBD port, which it isn't designed for that, and melts the pins and the harness. I've seen them melt all the way up to the PCM and the whole harness needed to be changed costing the customer $4600 for just the harness, not including the 47 hours to replace the harness because the cab needs to be split from the chassis to change it out. I would contact the chip manufacturer and advise them of the issue and have them update the programming on the chip. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still paythe website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Followups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will giveyou an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?