Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F150: Everytime I put my truck in reverse it blows fuse 14

Customer Question

Everytime I put my truck in reverse it blows fuse 14
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
Fuse #14 controls the reverse lights, Transmission range sensor, heated PCV valve, ABS module, AC cycling switch, deactivator relay and the Aux relay box #1. Since its only blowing when its in reverse I would suspect you have either a bad range sensor or a short to ground in the harness to the reverse light.I would start with unplugging the transmission range sensor and if the fuse now hold then you have either a bad range sensor or the wiring out of it to the lights is shorted to ground. See the circuits on this fuse in the link below. Copy and paste the link to you browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20%2314%20Jul%201.pdf