Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F-250: I have a 2001 Ford F-250 with a 7.3 l diesel engine.

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Ford F-250 with a 7.3 l diesel engine. I have recently had a lot of work done on it including the following:
Rebuilt Transmission
Replaced High Pressure Oil Pump
Replaced injector seals
Replaced head cover gaskets
Changed Oil
Replaced Engine Computer
The truck has been out of the shop for about 6 weeks. It sat dormant for about a week, a week ago.
Since then, when I come to a stop, the truck idles just fine. When I try and get going again, it looses power and stalls.
My thoughts are possibly water in the fuel. I have drained the fuel / water separator twice. It seemed to help but now it happens pretty much every time I stop.
Please help!
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Do you get a check engine light? Have you scanned to see if you are getting codes? When you drained the fuel, do you see water in it? Did the vehicle sit for a long period before getting the work done? When was the last time you fueled the vehicle? How does your ICP pressure look when this occurs?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I see you viewed my response. Do you need any more assistance on this question?