A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Expedition: I have a 2005 expedition. Everything was fine until

Customer Question

I have a 2005 expedition. Everything was fine until I got back in it after a 12 MI ride.The brake pedal is hard to depress like the engine quit running.what'so happening? I found no vacuum lines off and checked every fuse that was even close to the vacation or brake system.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Let the engine run for a little and then pull the vacuum line from the brake booster and listen for an air type "whoosh" once the hose is pull from the booster. If no noise, then start the engine and feel for vacuum on that line. If you have vacuum, then replace the booster. But if you have no vacuum, you will have to trace the vacuum line back to the back of the intake manifold on the drivers side and make sure it is still connected.