Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford van 350: my 06 ford diesel 350 eco van has a problem with

Customer Question

my 06 ford diesel 350 eco van has a problem with the check engine light coming on.
last servise I was told air filter was still good wait tile nest servise. next service is not here yet but light come on. I chaged filter and light went out . but 3 days later it is on again
I parked it Friday and didn't use it till Monday am and as it started light went out but for 3 days only and it came back on . milage is about right, will change oil and filter help it ,it is black now.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The check engine light comes on when the computer is seeing a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is setting the code you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned. Most auto part stores such as Auto Zone will run the scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the code and or codes I can direct you in the correct repair.